Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tonight's dinner

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Maybe she uses fresh? I'm the only one in this house that will eat
>>> beets.

>> I do truly HATE beets...and sweet potatoes.
>>
>> Cheri

> Oh Cheri how could you! Nothing better than a baked sweet potato with
> butter, cinnamon and dash of sugar.

*Runs to bathroom to puke*

My mom always made the canned ones, mashed with marshmallows on the top. I
always thought I hated them because of the marshmallows.

Then as an adult, I used to listen to Talknet. No longer on the air. But I
heard Sally Jesse Raphael describing a baked sweet potato. She made it
sound sooo good! She only put butter on hers. I tried it. Hated it!

Then some years after that, my SIL's mom went overboard on a dinner for me
because I was a vegetarian. She must have put out at least 12 kinds of
veggies including sweet potatoes. To be polite, I tried a piece and I liked
it! So I asked her how she made it. She showed me the can. Straight from
the can and heated.

When I got home, I remembered the name, bought some and hated them. Tried
them again some years later when Angela was little. Everyone hated them.

Angela does like sweet potato fries. I can eat maybe 2 or 3 of those. They
don't gag me. But I also would never seek them out.