Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Separating coffee filters

Boron Elgar > wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:22:37 -0700, sf > wrote:

>>On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:20:20 +0000 (UTC),
>>(Steve Pope) wrote:

>>> This is not a useful attitude. People should conserve resources where
>>> they can, even while trying to do the things they want/need to do.
>>> To throw up your hands and give up on conserving is not the right approach.
>>> IMO.

>>I think that attitude reflects more than an odd few American's, Steve.

>Welcome to life. Everything you do, every choice you make is a trade
>off. These trade offs are what makes your life affordable, livable and
>if you want to be, altruistic and utilitarian.
>
>Go on...give me a run-down of your life and I'll be happy to pick
>apart plenty that you do that isn't up to snuff with the latest
>conservation practices. That doesn't make you band, or foolish or
>uncaring, it just makes you normal.
>
>It is easy to take to the extreme - you will find lunatics and pigs on
>both ends of the spectrum. We each of us take our own stands on social
>and environmental issues,. we each find a comfort zone in which to
>live and to take an isolated incident as Steve did - that of the
>purchased-left-behind coffee pot, and try to extrapolate that into
>some uberlifestyle and then criticize a way of living because of such
>an insignificant and isolated behavior is plain stupid.

Why is it "stupid" to have a preference for not casually throwing out
still-perfectly-useful, just-purchased items? If you accepted your
own stance above about us each accepting each other's personal comfort
zones you would not be having this wild reaction to my statements.

And where exactly did I "extrpolate ... into some uberlifestyle?"
I hope you can realize that's a completely fictional allegation.

Steve