Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Separating coffee filters

Boron Elgar > wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:20:20 +0000 (UTC),

>>Boron Elgar > wrote:

>>>There is no reason to think that the abandoned drip machine will be
>>>invariably trashed, rather than re-used, either.

>>Hotel staff usually puts in the trash anything left in the room unless it
>>is of immense value.

>You will provide a citation to prove that assumption, won't you?

Um... you didn't provide a citation to your claim that it will be
re-used.

>>>If you're really worrying about carbon footprint, best that all
>>>travelers who aren't hoofing it, stay home.

>>This is not a useful attitude. People should conserve resources where
>>they can, even while trying to do the things they want/need to do.
>>To throw up your hands and give up on conserving is not the right approach.
>>IMO.

>And the reason why such BS conservation attitudes as you took do not
>work, is that your poorly thought through alternative is SO much a
>bother, SO much an idiotic idea, that anyone with a brain can pick the
>battles wisely and conserve along some other lines.
>
>Really, I am a damn Green Queen, but I am not an idiot. It is a topic
>I have studied well and wisely and approach in an intelligent,
>researched manner with deliberate choices and actions.

La-de-dah.

>off blanket, poorly thought out foolishness and declare it logical
>and the One True Path.

Nice rant, but your suggestion that one "might as well stay home"
if one does not want to purchase and discard coffeemakers is
offensive. There is nothing "One true path" about questioning
this. You're way, way off base on this one. Doesn't mean you're
not pursuing a thougtful, resource-conserving life in general,
but you've latched onto the wrong argument in this discussion.

Steve