Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan[_6_] Bryan[_6_] is offline

Default Separating coffee filters

On Mar 16, 8:02*am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> wrote:
> > We don't have any use for pod coffee makers, and little 4 or 5 cup
> > hotel makers don't make enough for both of us to have large cups. Plus
> > we like full-flavored coffee.

We'd just fill the thing up a little more than halfway with water.
That'd make one decent sized cup, then we'd use the second packet for
the other cup.

> > So whenever we travel, as soon as we check into our hotel, we find the
> > local drug store and buy a 10-cup Mr. Coffee-type machine for ~$15 to
> > use in the room. It pays for itself in two days, compared to CharBucks
> > and such. When we leave, we leave the machine behind in the hotel
> > room.

> That's a riot. *And I feel funny leaving behind styrofoam coolers
> in every hotel.
>
> I like that idea. *I like a decent cup of coffee in the morning and
> the hotel coffees are usually pretty bad. *

I don't usually find them undrinkable, but it is beeter to bring your
own. I've got this little Cuisinart 4 cup (Cuisinart DCC-450BK) that
we'll take with from now on.

> The latest was the worst
> as it was Wolfgang Puck and it looked like you could only use the
> packets that came with it. *Sigh. *I always pick up light cream or
> half and half but even that didn't help this stuff. *

I've said it here before, and I'll say it again, Wolfgang Puck is a
piece of garbage. He must really love that artificial creamer crap
since he used it in his "cream of" soups. We also always buy half &
half when we're on the road.

> > We've been doing this for over twenty years, so I'm sort of the Johnny
> > Appleseed of coffee makers. 8

That's practical if you fly. We always either drive or take Amtrak so
the space/weight thing isn't an issue. I dislike flying and
positively adore Amtrak.

> Funny.
>
> nancy

--Bryan