Michael Plant

Default Poo Poo Puerh

Space 2/19/04

> Your free agricultural crop assay will give you a breakdown on fecal
> percentage by mammal and bird. From what I know mammals have a common
> enzyme and so do birds. Any new tea I get I check for contaminents in
> the first pot. For fines you can see the imperfections before
> brewing. For OP you examine the brewed leaves. From the recent posts
> on perfumes in tea you can see the oils on the surface of the brewed
> tea like a slick. So my cheap YinHao wasn't gassed and apparently so
> far a fantastic bargain. Leave the tepid brewing water to the
> courageous and always boil your water.
>
> Jim

Jim,

Never fear the extraneous material you discover in your leaf and brew; fear
that which you don't find.

BTW, there is a good point to be had from your Bai Hao discussion: Many
Chinese descriptive phrases find their way to more than one type of tea. Bai
Hao describes a type of green tea as well as it describes a type of oolong
and is used to name both. Don't blame me though.

Now, back to the rat goodie count. (Reminds me of a story about ants and
aphids....)

Michael