Space Cowboy

Default Poo Poo Puerh

BaiHao is White Down so I assume silver needles. It is 'easily'
available under the government arm Fujian Tea Import and Export
Corporation as Flowery Pekoe but as I said years ago it unstocks
immediately. You can't miss it. The box shows a glass cup with the
brewed bud forrest after a volcanic wind blowdown. The websites sex
it up and cost you more by calling it Yenzhen (White Spires). Since
we're talking about bud and not leaf there might be some attempt at
pollination by insects or something looking for a easy lunch. Also I
think the brewed bud would show signs of nibbling. I've got one for
you. What I can't find in the stores is YinHao. A local shop sells
it for $80/500g. That $80 price is more or less typical even at
websites. I know a dealer in SF who will sell it to me in the
original shipping Chinese 1/2 kilo packing tube for $18 and that's not
wholesale. The taste is the same and the only difference is the
Jasmine flower and leaf is bigger for $80 but the proportion of flower
to leaf is the same. I don't think it is an argument of eliminate the
middle man or markup for store cost and labor. It's just been my
experience that YinHao is more expensive than even BaiHao. For those
who don't like the restaurant Jasmine there is no comparison for
YinHao.

Jim