Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default What do you consider the best recipe software for Windows?

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 01:08:46 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 23:23:12 -0500, Janet Wilder
> wrote:
>
>> I've done the word processing thing and I can truly say, Mastercook is
>> soooooo much better. Just having the database abilities is worth it and
>> there is no more work to putting a recipe in than there is in putting a
>> recipe into a final text file. You have to clean up almost every recipe
>> you take from the net or Usenet to some extent.

>Thanks, Janet! You've "almost" convinced me.

She sold *me*.<g> I was interested when she talked about the
cookbook import- export ability-- I am use several word docs-
'Favorites' 'General' - 'try me someday' 'wines', and some specific
ingredients.

They work fine for searching-- but I want to print up little cookbooks
of 'favorites' for the kids & I don't know enough about word to make
that happen without a whole lot of work.

For $20 & the ability to copy/paste what I have-- search by a
selection of ingredients- and print cookbooks, it is worth a go to me.

Put in for your commission from the developers, Janet.<g>

Jim