Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default Boxed Cake Mix Better Than From Scratch ???

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 18:11:24 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

>On Mar 14, 10:01*am, "Janet Bostwick" > wrote:
>> "Jean B." *wrote in ...
>>
>> ISTR, that one can replace 2 Tbsps per cup of flour with
>> cornstarch to approximate cake flour?
>>
>> --
>> Jean B.
>> Yes, in a pinch.
>> Janet

>My problem with cake flour - I buy a box, make one particular cake,
>then it sits around forever. I wish they'd package it in smaller
>amounts.

It comes in 2 lb boxes - at least that is how I buy it. Enough for
about 2 cakes.

If I open a box and use half, I tuck the rest in the freezer until the
next cake.

Boron