Rick & Cyndi

Default Gift for the oral surgery patient!

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
. ..
: A little while ago my doorbell rang. My neighbor thrusted a
baking dish
: toward me while saying, "hope this helps". Mmmmmm, it will!
:
: She is English, and brought me a dish of her mum's Bread and
Butter
: Pudding. I coaxed her to dictate it to me as I keyed it in the
recipe
: software, and here 'tis. Oh, I took just a teaspoon, then two,
of the
: stuff and it is really delicious.
:
: If you need a little comfort food, you must give this a try!
:
: Wayne
:
: * Exported from MasterCook *
:
: Fruited Bread and Butter Pudding
:
: Recipe By : Rebecca Smithhart
: Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :1:00
: Categories : Desserts, Comfort Food
: Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
: -------- ------------ --------------------------------
: 8 slices firm white bread with an open crumb --
day-old
: 2 ounces unsalted butter -- softened
: 1/3 cup dried cherries
: brandy or water
: 4 each eggs
: 1/2 cup granulated sugar
: 3 cups whole milk
: 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
: 1/4 teaspoon salt
: cinnamon
: nutmeg
:
:

(snipping directions...)

Sounds really good. Being that DH won't eat things with dried or
candied cherries - I think I'd put in some Craisins and dried
apricots... It's such a shame that I recently decided to knock
off the extra carbs, huh?

--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>