Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Do you put eggs in your lasagna?

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:54:51 -0500, zxcvbob >
> wrote:
>
>> Have you tried using corn tortillas instead of lasagna noodles? Cut
>> them in half and they layer pretty well. I don't know how they would
>> taste in an otherwise-traditional lasagna.

> I see from a google that wheat free lasagna noodles exist; but I
> haven't seen them, so I'd forget lasagna and move on to other layered
> casserole types, like chicken enchiladas. Yum! I'm trying to decide
> which of the two (lasagna or layered enchilada) I want to bring down
> to DD's tomorrow.
>
> As an alternative, eggplant can be used instead of lasagna noodles for
> a wheat free lasagna.
> http://www.ehow.com/how_5608523_use-...a-noodles.html
> or make Moussaka. Of course Julie will need to substitute a non-wheat
> flour for wheat to make the béchamel sauce.
> http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/moussaka/

I can get GF noodles just around the corner at the health food store. And
most of the grocery stores here sell them as well. If you haven't seen
them, you probably haven't looked for them! These days most stores have a
GF section. But sometimes they are mixed in with the regular foods. We
also have a GF/low carb store here. It's expensive because of the building
it is in and they don't have a parking lot. So I don't go there often.

We don't much like eggplant. I would never put it in lasagna for that
reason. I don't like bechamel sauce at all either.