Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Do you put eggs in your lasagna?

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:54:51 -0500, zxcvbob >
wrote:

> Have you tried using corn tortillas instead of lasagna noodles? Cut
> them in half and they layer pretty well. I don't know how they would
> taste in an otherwise-traditional lasagna.

I see from a google that wheat free lasagna noodles exist; but I
haven't seen them, so I'd forget lasagna and move on to other layered
casserole types, like chicken enchiladas. Yum! I'm trying to decide
which of the two (lasagna or layered enchilada) I want to bring down
to DD's tomorrow.

As an alternative, eggplant can be used instead of lasagna noodles for
a wheat free lasagna.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5608523_use-...a-noodles.html
or make Moussaka. Of course Julie will need to substitute a non-wheat
flour for wheat to make the béchamel sauce.
http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/moussaka/