Lewis Perin

Default Pu-erh steeping

Mike Petro > writes:

> What temp do you usually use for your green Puerh? Similar to regular
> green tea, say 160ish, or hotter?

175F seems to work best for me with green Puerhs. For non-Puerh
greens, I find a lot of variation in best temperature, with some doing
best at 140F or even lower, and some shining as high as 170F.

> Do you use lower temps with all greens or just newer ones that are
> more astringent?

I haven't yet had a green Puerh that seemed to work best at a higher
temperature, but I haven't given up trying. I should add that I don't
think I've had a green Puerh more than 12 years old.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /