Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Boxed Cake Mix Better Than From Scratch ???

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> This web site makes the bold claim that most home bakers
> cannot make a cake from scratch better than from a boxed
> cake mix.
>
> http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/cake.html
>
> His reasons are that the ingredients are better measured,
> and they use ingredients that you can't get.

Who can't get the ingredients for cake?

> I think this will come as a surprise to many bakers,
> that making a cake from a box mix gives a better result
> than most bakers can achieve from scratch with butter, etc.

Mark, I've always thought you were a bit paranoid. I have some perfectly
good cake recipes handed down from my aunt that are absolutely delicious.
They bake up wonderfully. The problem is, some people don't care about
baking cakes. Cupcakes, maybe