Lewis Perin

Default Pu-erh steeping

(RB Watts) writes:

> I have read many times that pu-erh can be steeped for a very long
> time, such as an hour or even overnight. The question is, once you
> wake up and have your cup, is it suggested that you reheat it or is it
> perfectly good at room temperature?

Funny, when I read your post I'd just had the last sip of a mug of
Puerh that had reached room temperature due to my laziness. It had
steeped 15 minutes before the leaves and the liquor went their
separate ways. It tasted fine to me.

In my experience, it's unusual for a Puerh to get bitter by
oversteeping, unless it's a green one steeped too hot.

As to overnight steeping, I'm no microbiologist, but I'm leery of what
could, uh, develop. It isn't just Puerh, by the way: I haven't the
courage to try that with any type of tea.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /