Jarmo Louet

Default Como se dice "tea and sandwiches" auf Norsk?

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 17:17:47 GMT, Michael Plant >
wrote:

>Yes, I've heard about Finnish. Related to Hungarian, is it?

Yes, but I'm afraid it would take a linguist to notice.

>You are welcome. I'll contact you off line perhaps, if that's OK.

Yes, of course.

>Undoubtedly this is due to the fact that you live in a literate country
>where people read books. Tell me, do Finns drink alcoholic beverages?

Sure. About the same as in most Western countries, I suppose. Most do,
some don't, and some drink more than their fair share.

>Sometimes it's nice to sit down with a book and a scotch.

Indeed. I don't drink often, but when I do, a bit of rum or whisky is
what I take (straight or with a bit of water).

>Forgot to mention: I'm drinking Bai Hao today paired to El Hadj Djeli Sory
>Kouyate playing Mandinka Balafon. Can't go wrong, especially since it's a
>rainy day.

Never had of either of those. But a bit of tea-trivia in case anyone's
interested: it's "tee" in Finnish. The pronunciation is (in this case)
very similar to German.

Jarmo Louet

Replace # in my email address by @ to reply.
Vaihda osoitteen risuaidan tilalle @-merkki.