Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Do you put eggs in your lasagna?

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:31:07 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

> On Mar 10, 4:21*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> > "projectile vomit chick" > wrote in ...
> > On Mar 10, 8:32 am, "Felice" > wrote:
> >
> > > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message >

> > > <cutting to the chase>

> > > No. I mix an egg in with the ricotta, as it seems most cooks do.

> > > But I had an aunt who put sliced hard-cooked eggs in her lasagna. How's
> > > that
> > > for nasty?

> > Wow! *That's a new twist. *That's about as bad as the people that put
> > a hard-cooked egg in the middle of a meatloaf.
> >
> > ---
> > Eeeeeeeew.

> LOL. I've mentioned before our junior high cafeteria's favorite:
> "Spinach Loaf" with hard-cooked eggs in the center. Can you think of
> anything less likely to appeal to junior high kids? LOL.

Hey, it's a meatless meal. Now you're making me look up a spinach
loaf recipe. Sounds good.... minus the hard boiled egg of course.

Googling.... google "spinach loaf" and hit images - not bad looking!
I'd make one.