Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Do you put eggs in your lasagna?

"Catmandy (Sheryl)" > wrote in message
On Mar 10, 9:09 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Catmandy (Sheryl)" > wrote in message
>

> But obviously if you can't eat eggs, just leave it out. There texture
> will be different, but the lasagna will certainly work. The quality of
> the cheeses you use is more important than whether you add a beaten
> egg to the mixture. and the quality of the sauce, of course, too.
>
> ---
>
> Thanks! I was worried that I would have a runny mess.

I would drain the ricotta... and add maybe some grated parm to the
mixture. I don't know what the egg replacer is made of, so I don't
know if it will work. You need something to bind to the proteins in
the cheese to make it more solid. Or have it less solid.

---
It's potato starch I think.