Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default tamales

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 15:03:26 -0800 (PST), pamjd >
wrote:

> I like steaming the tamales in corn husks. I think they impart a
> subtle corn flavor and leave a nice texture on the tamale that the
> mole' channels up in the ribs imprinted on the corn husk. I enjoy the
> process as well as the tamales. I would think if you did not like the
> process of filling the husks that you would make them a different
> way.

They used to sell triangular shaped papers that I used instead of corn
husks and I thought they tasted just the same. Now the paper is
rectangular, but I just couldn't get the hang of filling them so I'm
on the lookout (but not too hard) for the triangles.