Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] friesian@zoocrewphoto.com is offline

Default stuffed shells?

On Mar 3, 4:10*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> On 3/2/2011 2:20 AM, wrote:
>
> > That explains it. This area probably has few Italians. We have a lot
> > of Hispanics, Asians, African Americans, and Mid East (mostly from
> > India, but also Bangladesh and a few other countries). I know of
> > couple larger Asian markets and Hispanic markets within 10 miles, but
> > I have never seen an Italian market.

> You don't have any white people?

Of course we do, but no clear group of Italians, English, European,
etc. Most of the white people around here have ancestors who have been
here a long time.

Technically, my ancestors are Dutch, German, and Irish. But none of
them came from another country in the last 200 years, so I don't
consider myself anything but American. I'm sure there are people of
Italian decent, but I doubt many of them (at least in my area) have
actually been to Italy or know any close relatives from Italy. So,
they probably aren't cooking a lot of real Italian food, nor is there
a need for an Italian grocery store.