Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default stuffed shells?

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 01:10:02 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

> No luck on the search.

Sorry to hear that!

> And yes, I actually work at Safeway. At first,
> it was just other stores in other areas. I took my sauce with me and
> planned to buy a bag while out of town, only to not find them there. I
> just assumed they weren't in all stores. But then I couldn't find them
> at my store either, and they confirmed that they were discontinued.
> What a bummer. It was $3 for a bag of 8 of them. Easy and affordable.

Good Luck! Funny thing is that I've been on a "giant shell" hunt too.
I wasn't as focused as you were and I was looking for the uncooked
shells to do it myself, because I rarely like anything that comes
pre-made in the freezer section.

The biggest bummer is that it seems like no one is selling the giant
(uncooked) shells in the US anymore - I know I saw them in Italy last
year. Looks like you have to do it yourself and use jumbo. I know
Barilla still sells that size, they're listed on the Barilla web site.