Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default stuffed shells?

sf wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:03:22 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions for where I can find these pasta shells? I am open to
> > dry pasta, cooked pasta, and even stuff shells if it just cheese and
> > light seasoning. No sauce, meat, or veggies.

> It will be interesting to see if anyone knows. I haven't seen dry
> giant shells in years. Barilla has jumbo, nothing bigger.
>
> Use ricotta and an egg for the filling unless you're the one who can't
> eat eggs.

Someone asked me about stuffed shells recently, and searching on the
Sam's web site I did find several hits for frozen stuffed shells (just
cheese stuffed), though they seemed to be somewhat regional. At any
rate, that indicates the product is still produced and you should be
able to find it somewhere.