Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] friesian@zoocrewphoto.com is offline

Default stuffed shells?

On Feb 28, 9:49*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> >I would like to make the type of shells that are stuffed with cheese
> > (usually ricotta with some Romano or Parmesan). I was buying some
> > frozen shells at Safeway that I really liked, but apparently they have
> > been discontinued. I really liked them as I could make up a batch of
> > spaghetti sauce and freeze in portions. Then pull out some sauce and a
> > few shells for a quick and easy meal.

> > I have not been able *to find any large shells to buy, either dry or
> > cooked (like *Boutoni or something). And I don't like stuffed
> > ravioli.

> > Any suggestions for where I can find these pasta shells? I am open to
> > dry pasta, cooked pasta, and even stuff shells if it just cheese and
> > light seasoning. No sauce, meat, or veggies.

> I'm sure you could find them online. *I buy Tinkyada, but they are a rice
> pasta.

If I have to, I will go that route, but I would rather find them in a
store so that I can buy them when I want them and not have to wait a
couple weeks or pay for shipping. I do travel a bit for cat shows, so
I may be able to go to stores that aren't in my own area,. I will be
in Oregon in 2 weeks, and Boise, Idaho a week later.