Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default OT. Cost of prescription tablets in the US. Need some assistance.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 01:57:41 -0500, Goomba >
wrote:

>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> When I lived in Belize the pharmacist there didn't require a script,
>> folks just asked for what they wanted and it was handed over with no
>> writing on it whatsoever. The pharmacist would prescribe too, just
>> say what was bothering you. Some folks went to the pharmacist, some
>> went to the medicine women. Doctors there weren't too good... when I
>> was suffering with horrid pain I was sent for an x-ray, the oldest
>> antique x-ray machine I ever saw, all made of wood, probably an
>> original Roentgen. When the Dr looked at the film he pointed out what
>> he said was a gall stone. When I brought the film back to the the US
>> and showed it to my regular doctor he informed me that was not a gall
>> stone, it was the end view of a blood vessel.

>I can vouch for that as I was in Belize earlier this month and stopped
>in the pharmacy. They really entice and catered to vactioners though and
>I didn't see any locals there. I was pretty amazed at what could be
>purchased over the counter. The pharmacist was an American from New
>Orleans, not that that matters, I guess?
>
>Speaking of xrays- I lived right down the road from the building where
>Roentgen invented/discovered xrays in Wurzburg, Germany. There was a big
>designation on the building about it. What a coincidence that you
>mentioned it.

While I lived in California I went to school for x-ray technologist
under the GI Bill... once I got my license and actually began working
as a tech it was at UCLA Medical Center, Pediatrics... by the third
new born spina bifida I knew I couldn't handle it... I moved on to
x-ray machine installation/maintenence with Siemens. I learned all
about old Wilhelm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_R%C3%B6ntgen

A couple of days ago when folks were discussing TP roll size I
remembered the Rose's TP factory in Belize so I looked it up, what a
surprise... the Land I bought there back then belonged to that family.
They've moved on from that tiny factory. This is precisely the type of
employer that the Obama Putz wants to tax out of business:
http://www.rosessouthwest.com/about.cfm