Posted to rec.food.cooking
projectile vomit chick[_3_] projectile vomit chick[_3_] is offline

Default OT. Cost of prescription tablets in the US. Need some assistance.

On Feb 26, 7:27*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 13:08:02 -0800, Kent wrote:
> > "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> >news

> >> There is no guarantee that a doctor in the U.S. will write you the
> >> same scripts you have in Australia. *It all depends on which drugs
> >> he's "promoting" at the time you see him (and any medical insurance
> >> you have). *Some drugs are probably not even available in the U.S. and
> >> vice verso.

> >> So bring your own drugs.

> > That's going a little far Sqwertz. Physicians don't promote drugs. They
> > prescribe what works with the least side effect.

> Maybe you did it that way, but my doctors don't. *More than once a
> doctor has asked me what kind of insurance I have when he's about to
> prescribe something.
>
> Why would they do that if it was only a matter of the most appropriate
> drug for the situation?

Yes, that has happened to me, and also my husband more than once.
"What kind of insurance do you have?" Then the reply, and out comes
the script pad! They're salesmen, pushers.