Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Ping: Dave Smith oven repair

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:50:04 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 25/02/2011 11:53 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>

>> Same with some auto dealer services that are not needed. My dealer
>> recommends fuel injection service every year for $120. That would be
>> $240 for my two cars. I've driven fuel injected cars for at least 25
>> years and have never had an injector problem. That puts me ahead $6000
>> over that time period. If, by chance, I need a $250 repair I'll still be
>> $5750 ahead. Better in my pocket than a car dealer.

>A few years ago I was getting a quick oil change when one of the guys
>came out and told me my car was due for injector treatment. I asked for
>an explanation and he said that they should have the treatment every
>months or miles. He had no idea if or when I had ever had it done. I
>asked how much it was.... $32.95. I asked if he thought I was going to
>pay $32.95 for a bottle of isopropyll alcohol. The woman sitting next to
>me said "Good for you. The got me".
>

>> I also change oil at 7500 miles, not the 3000 often wrongly touted as
>> proper interval.

>That could be risky. I often go over the time periods but I do get my
>oil changed every 3,000 miles. Oil changes are one way to extend engine
>life and ignoring them can get expensive.

Lubrication is the least expensive way to defer the most expensive
repairs... I change engine oil and filter every 3,000 miles or every 6
months, other fluids by schedual... I bought my Landcruiser new in
1990, never needed anything more than normal wear and tear replacement
of tires, battery, plugs, belts, wipers, and such... I'm due for a new
exhaust muffler soon.