Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping: Dave Smith oven repair

On 25/02/2011 11:53 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Same with some auto dealer services that are not needed. My dealer
> recommends fuel injection service every year for $120. That would be
> $240 for my two cars. I've driven fuel injected cars for at least 25
> years and have never had an injector problem. That puts me ahead $6000
> over that time period. If, by chance, I need a $250 repair I'll still be
> $5750 ahead. Better in my pocket than a car dealer.

A few years ago I was getting a quick oil change when one of the guys
came out and told me my car was due for injector treatment. I asked for
an explanation and he said that they should have the treatment every
months or miles. He had no idea if or when I had ever had it done. I
asked how much it was.... $32.95. I asked if he thought I was going to
pay $32.95 for a bottle of isopropyll alcohol. The woman sitting next to
me said "Good for you. The got me".

> I also change oil at 7500 miles, not the 3000 often wrongly touted as
> proper interval.

That could be risky. I often go over the time periods but I do get my
oil changed every 3,000 miles. Oil changes are one way to extend engine
life and ignoring them can get expensive.