Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping: Dave Smith oven repair

On 25/02/2011 8:16 PM, Dan Abel wrote:
> In ng.com>,
> Dave > wrote:

>>> From the description I think she has one of those all inclusive
>>> policys that realtors tout, covers all the mechanicals, appliances
>>> roof, plumbing, etc.

>> That could be, and from her problems getting her oven fixed I would
>> suggest that it is useless. She probably would have been better off to
>> just called a local repairman who would have come out, replaced the
>> burner element three weeks ago and she would have paid for parts and one
>> service call.

> 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing. After somebody pays US$60 for a
> new lightbulb, it's easy to say that there's a cheaper way. But if the
> magnetron in her stove went out, the compressor in her fridge and the
> guts in her AC all died and she got all three fixed for US$60, you'd be
> singing a different tune.

It is no longer hindsight. She now knows that if an appliance fails she
will have to pay for at least two visits and wait for parts that should
have been readily available. Given the premiums she has been paying and
the service calls, she is likely already way behind. Hopefully, when
the time comes to renew the insurance policy she will take a pass.