Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Ping: Dave Smith oven repair

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 18:54:40 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 25/02/2011 6:38 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>

>>> I am hoping that Jill is re-evaluating her appliance repair insurance. I
>>> have no idea how much she is paying for the policy, but she pays $60 for
>>> a service call.

>> From the description I think she has one of those all inclusive
>> policys that realtors tout, covers all the mechanicals, appliances
>> roof, plumbing, etc.

>That could be, and from her problems getting her oven fixed I would
>suggest that it is useless. She probably would have been better off to
>just called a local repairman who would have come out, replaced the
>burner element three weeks ago and she would have paid for parts and one
>service call.

True. When my clothes dryer needed service last summer the service
tech came out that afternoon. He charges $55 for the service call
which covers the first 1/2 hour labor, parts extra. I needed no
parts, only a disassembly of the entire lint trap housing, clean out,
and reassembly. He was here only 20 minutes so all I paid was the $55.
This was an old dryer, I had no service policy. But when I called the
first thing I was asked was which model and then what was the problem.
He knew immediately what to do when someone drops something down into
the lint trap flue. It never would have paid for me to try to figure
out what to take apart, I could tell that he did that job many times
before.