Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Tom Kunich Tom Kunich is offline

Default Fruit Wine

Wow - thanks.

"Gammagal" > wrote in message
I make a cranberry-orange wine that is awesome. For 5 gallons:
22-25 lbs of cranberries. I rinse them and check through the
berries. I steam juice the berries in a stainless steel steam juicer
in batches for 1-1.5 hours each batch and collect the concentrated
juice and add chlorine-free boiling water to reconstitute to 5
gallons, in a 10 gallon bucket. While the mixture is hot, I add cane
sugar to the juice - 1 pound per each percent of alcohol I want. 13
pounds = 13% alcohol. Stir I use Lalvin RC 212 yeast. I ferment for
7 - 14 days. Then I add a teaspoon of Young Living Orange Essential
Oil (oil-gold.com) to the clean, sanitized, empty glass 5-gal carboy
and transfer (rack) the cranberry wine into the carboy. It is
important that the Orange essential oil goes in at this stage. If
earlier than 7 days it will prevent good fermentation. If after the
transfer, it ill not incorporate the flavor into the wine as
effectively. Do the secondary fermentation for 4 - 6 months in a 65 -
75 degree temp area. When finished fermenting, bottle, wait 6-12
months and enjoy.
Anine