Posted to alt.food.sushi
Dan Logcher[_2_] Dan Logcher[_2_] is offline

Default How long does Sushi last?

Catering Sydney wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to the forum here and just wanted to ask if anyone knows how
> long a sushi platter will remain good for? For example, if it is at the
> back of an air conditioned meeting room for over an hour uncovered will
> it still be OK to eat, especially considering it includes raw fish?

I'd say a few hours, but the rice will dry out and the fish will begin to
oxidize. Was this prepared from a sushi bar or a catering service? Catering
sushi is sometimes refridgerated before delivery which will also dry out the
sushi rice. Best eat it immediately and before the good ones are taken.

--
Dan