Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default A Buffet idea

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:29:43 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:30:03 -0600, Omelet >
>> wrote:

>> >This just proves, once again, that you are so much more intelligent than
>> >BT! Thanks. :-)

>> Thanks but I truly don't consider that much of a compliment, the
>> average circus seal is more intelligent than that HS dropout blowhard
>> who thinks the tsp of starch used as thickener for the average
>> oriental dish is "copious"... but what would a keyboard kook know...
>> he's obviously never eaten Chinese food, let alone cooked any.... only
>> a certifiable imbecile wouldn't consider the majority of starch by FAR
>> in oriental cookery is in the rice and noodles... even a circus seal
>> would know that.

><lol>! Indeed... Hope I did not hurt your feelings. ;-) It was not
>intentional...

Nah... and besides you know the thickness of my skin. I'm just so
amazed at how in his rush to appear intelligent he always sabatages
himself by tripping over his own lying tongue... thickening slurry
carbs indeed... maybe that knucklehead guzzles La Choy chow mein by
the #10 can. LOL-LOL

I'm not into low carbing, is that a lot of carbs for the entire
serving:
http://www.lachoy.com/products/family-meals.jsp

I thicken oriental dishes all the time, Unless you're drinking the
sauce by the liter even double portions require very little thickened
sauce. A whole pint of eggdrop takes 1 rounded tsp of cornstarch, not
even close to the carbs in wonton soup. Most Chinese dishes contain
substantial rice, noodles, and batter fried... in comparison the wee
bit of thickening is inconsequentiol on the carbs scale.