Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damaeus[_3_] Damaeus[_3_] is offline

Default A Buffet idea

In news:rec.food.cooking, Bryan > posted on Wed,
16 Feb 2011 04:21:45 -0800 (PST) the following:

> But the food cost of a potato, vs that of the baked pollock that is
> ubiquitous at AYCE buffets is not insignificant.
> Same for fried chicken, some salad bar offerings (such as tomatoes),
> sausage and bacon (during breakfast hours), and several other things.

Just go into the buffet, ask for the manger, and ask the manager which
foods cost them the most. Then just make sure you keep refilling your
plate with their most expensive foods.

I'm not serious, of course. I always just eat what I like. I don't do my
best to keep the restaurant from making a profit by eating what I think
will cost them the most. But if I go to a catfish restaurant, I do want
to eat mostly catfish. I just like it, and I'm usually never that
impressed with the fries at most of the catfish places I've tried.

Damaeus