Wayne Boatwright

Default Pumpkin pie + graham cracker crust?

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady > wrote in
:

> NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
> On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 12:53:12 GMT, Floyd Farcus >
> wrote:
>
>>1 cup pumpkin

> How would you prepare the pumpkin if you were making it from fresh
> pumpkin?

Cut the pumpkin in half and oil the cut surfaces. Place face down on a
cookie sheet with rim. Bake at 325-350°F for 45-60, or until a fork or
knife can easily pierce completely through the flesh. Remove from oven and
cool each half on a wire rack to allow excess juice to drip out. Scoop out
seeds and fiber, then scoop out pumpkin from rind into large mixing bowl.
Mash with potato masher. You may also use a food mill or food processor,
however, I prefer the texture produced by the potato masher. Turn mashed
pulp into stainless steel or plastic colander and suspend it over a bowl in
the refrigerator overnight. This also allows the excess moisture to drip
away. The pumpkin pulp is now ready for use. It can also be frozen for
future use.

HTH
Wayne