Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quotefix (was Chocolate Pudding)

In article >,
says...

> "Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > sf > wrote:

> >> Really? If you ever run across it let me know. Some people won't
> >> give up OE or Live Mail. I'm guessing they don't know how to install
> >> new programs.

> > I just did a Google on quotefix. I believe it's a patch rather than new
> > software, but I didn't look at any details. I have always used a Mac
> > for newsgroups.
> > --
> > Dan Abel
> > Petaluma, California USA
> >

> Many thanks, Dan. I've looked at the quotefix website and it seems like a
> solution.
>
> Has anyone had experience with the OE-quotefix?

Used it for years. Works fine. There's a gotcha--OE/Windows Mail has a
setting in tools/options/send/plain text settings "indent the original
text with '>' when replying or forwarding" or words to that effect. You
have to turn that _off_ or it will fight with OE-quotefix.