Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default We survived the chocolate pudding

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:43:20 -0500, "Felice" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Bryan" > wrote in message

> Felice, I thought only Live Mail didn't insert quote markers but it
> looks like you're using OE. What gives?

From what I've read, Windows Mail and OE are the same basic product,
with the same basic flaws.

For this particular flaw, somebody posts using GoogleGropes (see Bryan's
attribute above). Then somebody replies using OE. OE then fails to
quote correctly. Every other news client quotes correctly.

I have also read that there is a fix that can be installed to OE that
will fix this. Since very few people post to newsgroups anymore, I
don't expect M$ to fix this themselves.

Brian gave a better explanation of this, in this thread.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA