Tea

Default Question for Ripon

"Derek" > wrote in message
> It was open stage night in rec.food.drink.tea, when Space Cowboy
> stepped up to the microphone and muttered:
>
> > Top post edits, now bottom post edits, what next a white space
> > post edit where nothing is said because really there's nothing
> > new from the other side except paraphrasing what he previously
> > said on the subject which was so conveniently edited under the
> > guise of chronological order but nothing more than a vailed
> > attempt to conceal the fact he has nothing new to say because
> > if he did he'd have to admit somebody else said it first and
> > dismissed any examples under the ubiquitous catchall theory that
> > the chicken came first because if it was said here it was
> > learned or derived elsewhere contrary to the fact that
> > imagination and inspiration allows us to ask new questions why
> > certain teapots aren't more plentifull and some teas taste
> > better with multiple infusions for many more reasons than price
> > ie., questions precede discovery which allows us to say things
> > not found elsewhere irregardless of common public banality QED
> > which leads me to elevate myself to the highest status as a
> > Google icon symbol for creating the second word or phrase never
> > before used on the planet in subsequent days and as a byproduct
> > receiving a third possible Google honoraria of the longest run
> > on sentence where some ingrate will have to edit the sentence
> > which is consistent with my mantra of always including something
> > fresh while the only claim of fame for some leech is tagging
> > along for a ride on my posts but has been preceded by other
> > bloodsuckers who only whine and don't contribute except to say
> > the world is round because it is common knowledge or any other
> > trivial mundane specious argument you can find in any other
> > usenet post on any subject simply used by people who idle their
> > cars at the gas pump who don't have a clue.

> Rambling as an attempt to avoid responding to assertions?
>
> Now there's something I've never seen before.
>
> --
> Derek
>
> There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive
> idiots.

I've seen it before. It's popular with high school students, people who
haven't thought out their beliefs, and the mentally ill.
Since none of us who post here regularly (except, possibly, Ripon) live in a
major tea-growing country, own a tea plantation, make teapots by hand, or
have written books on either of these subjects after privately interviewing
people who do any of those things, I'd say that we all learned our info from
someone else- which means it's not proprietary. That is true of all tea
lists which seem to be populated mainly by men and women in North America
and Western Europe- neither place being well known for producing tea or
original teapots, or tool that are used exclusively as part of a tea
ceremony.

Unless SC is getting his tea information directly through letters written by
a tea-drinking lama living on top of a mountain in Tibet, whom he me while
travelling there looking for unknown tea-lore, than everything he knows came
from sources that are available to everyone.