Joanne Rosen

Default water temperature and green tea

> 1. What happens to tea if the water isn't hot enough? I understand that

if
> the water is too hot, it 'burns off' some of the compounds so they

evaporate
> quickly and the taste changes. So, by this logic, wouldn't a longer brew
> time in cooler water result in similar brew? I tried this with some

greens
> that I have, and it was about the same. I've really not got any expensive
> greens yet (waiting for my order) so I can't tell whether it's like that
> with them too. What is your view?

what types of green tea have you tried?

> 2. Several of the greens that I've tried have a sort of a spinach taste to
> them. Is this a desirable taste in greens? If not, what am I doing wrong
> to produce this kind of a taste?

some of teas do have a distinctive spinach taste-
i do not like these-

> 3. Do you prefer to heat the water to the desired temperature or to boil

it
> and let it cool to that temperature? If you have a preference, why?

i heat water to desired temperature- using either a thermometer or my
eyes(looking at bubbles)

> 4. Do you like your tea strong or weak?

I seem to prefer weak-
i do -
i usually use the suggested amount-wooden tea spoon

joanne

---