Derek

Default Question for Ripon

It was open stage night in rec.food.drink.tea, when Space Cowboy
stepped up to the microphone and muttered:

> If you're having trouble following posts get a threaded
> newsreader. If you're cheap like me Google is threaded so you
> can catch up there.

Wonderful logic. Especially given that I've watched my own posts
not show up on my own newsserver and yet replies to them do. Funny
how things can disappear from threads.

(It also happens when people use "X-No-Archive" headers.)

> Nothing worse than N levels of > in a thread.

I can agree with that.

> Anybody who edits ain't doing you a favor. In this
> case the edit is for sound bites and not a substantive argument.

No, in this "case" the edit was to put things in chronological
order. Nothing was removed from what you wrote. And the fact that
you disagree with my post doesn't not make my point insubstantive.

> You know something like the bright idea of there is nothing new
> under the sun retort. Wait that would be an oxyidjut. I
> thought I'd save you a trip to VCBC looking for tea.

I didn't go to BC searching for tea, genius. Nor did I have time
while I was there to even consider visiting Chinatown.

> It ain't
> worth my time or the taxpayers money to have the local library
> look it up on Nexus. One of the mantras in my posts is always
> to give you insight into tea you won't find anywhere else.

Over the years, I've noticed that you often write as if all of your
"insights" are completely new and unique. I hate to break it to
you, but they're not all new.

> I'm
> in an Indian store the other day stocking up on Indian masala
> for my traditional holiday Chai Eggnog. Anyway the store was
> empty and the owner was in a talkative mood explaining the
> future expansion of his store. I told him I buy teapots from all
> over the world and NEVER ONCE bought one from India. There are
> Indian import stores galore and you would expect your choice of
> teapots. Anyway he said teapots are an English craze. He said
> Indians and Chinese as far as he knew brew and drink tea from
> the same cup. They consider it an individual health drink and
> not a social beverage for 'tea gossip'.

No kidding. Oops. I'm sorry. I'm not supposed to have known this
information before you posted it, am I?

> Here is a case of
> generalization expressed in words and now protected by
> copyright. You are now required to quote me relating the
> information gathered from the owner.

Either that, or I can quote the response from the guy at my local
teashop when I asked him the same question a few years back.

> BTW 'OXYIDJUT' has never
> been used in USENET and is the sole copyright of yours truly. I
> think I've succeeded to the GOOGLE highest eschlon and slang
> dictionaries by creating a first word use.

If I ever do use it, I will be sure to cite the appropriate source.
It is, at least, new.

--
Derek

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a
warning to others.