The Immoral Mr Teas

Default Guangxi Greens (was: Top 10 favorite tea)

Lewis Perin > wrote in message

> You know a lot more Chinese than I do, but I get the impression that
> "Factory No. 1" and "Factory No. 2" would be more idiomatic.

realised just after posting that I was thinking of the chang radical
(with its modern meaning of factory, old meaning of slope)

actually, I haven't a clue about guang, except that its now a
simplified form (so might not carry the same meaning of the guang
radical with its various meanings of 'expanse' 'vast' and also 'roof'
and all the connotations that go with that .... no, looking in the
dictionary, these meanings are under the same character in its trad
form : guang radical with huang phonetic... or whatever.)

now I'm really confused

> Maybe "East Wind" and "West Wind" would do, but wait,
> that sounds too much like the Cultural Revolution, doesn't it?

and now really really confused !

oo
~