Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ricavito Ricavito is offline

Default Chili ponzu sauce

Okay, so I tried a couple of new recipes this week, and I'm feeling
more capable as a cook after my quiche disaster (and a couple of other
disappointing meals).

The best was a chili ponzu sauce that was really vinegary and pungent
flavored, delicious if you like that flavor profile. Proportions are
approximate because I was just mixin' and stirrin' and tastin'

2 tbl fresh lemon juice
2 tbl rice wine vinegar
2 tbl shoyu
1 tsp orange juice concentrate (I keep a resealable jar in the freezer
and use it all year for flavoring)
1 tsp fresh ginger
1 tbl Vietnamese chili sauce (any fiery red chili paste in oil would
work)
1 drop sesame oil
Splenda or other sweetner to taste

I served it over seared sea scallops alongside some fried Dreamfields
pasta (cooked spaghetti mixed with parmesan, egg, and milk and skillet
fried in a little EVOO until it makes a crisp cake) and a big pan of
steamed asparagus with a lemon yogurt dressing.