The Immoral Mr Teas

Default Guangxi Greens (was: Top 10 favorite tea)

Michael Plant > wrote :

> [...]

Sorry, Michael, I take it this was aimed at me? There's been a couple
of times in the past that the subject of "horrible yunnan greens" has
come up and I've chimed in and said I've in the past found some
(exquisite) green and white teas in Yunnan and no place else ... on
the other hand, cheap bulk standard Yunnan green can be rough and only
eclipsed in horridness by the "across the county line" guangxi greens.
It amazes me how much of this stuff is drank in China when all around
manage to produce really great green tea.

> >> Guangxi is certainly southern, but it's west of Guangdong, which is on
> >> the South China Sea. Guangxi actually *means* something like Wide West.

Ha ha, Lew ... which means that Guangdong means something like Wide
East?

> > GuangXi is famous for it's Gui Flower type tea and Look Bow/ Liu Bao.
> > Look Bow's taste is similar to Shu Puerh. Most people cannot tell
> > whether it is Look Bow or Sook Pau Leh / Shu Puerh.

> Aha. I'm going to do a little search for these. Meanwhile, could you kindly
> describe their tastes a little bit.

Cigarettes, soil, straw, ...