Michael Plant

Default Guangxi Greens (was: Top 10 favorite tea)

The Immoral Mr 11/13/03

(ChineseTea) wrote ...

>> 6) Ying De Hong (GuangDong Black)

> Hmm, where do you get your Guangdong Black? Had any recently?
> As I've mentioned before, I'm not generally a fan of much of the tea
> from the SE of China, but I have had some surprisingly refreshing
> Guangdong blacks in the past (not for a while, and only in Guangzhou).

I've been dabbling around Guangxi greens, and find them for the most part
lack-luster, with the notable exception so far of of Lin Yun White Down,
presumably from Ling Yun County, Guangxi Province, and available through
several vendors including Special Tea. This tea has character. I like it.
(None of this is to say that the Guangxi greens I've been at are bad; just
nothing to rave about.

Please enlighten me regarding the Guangxi tea story, whatever that means.
(We can count Guangxi as SE China, can we not?)

Michael