Tea

Default Tea Shop in DC

"Ripon" > wrote in message
om...
> Lewis Perin > wrote in message

> > Steven Hay > writes:
> >

> > That would be the Penn Market branch of Teaism. It's actually 2 shops
> > next door to each other. My wife and I were in DC recently for a long
> > weekend. We used the Teaism restaurant/tearoom a few times and pretty
> > much loved it: the tea, the food, the atmosphere. The tea shop
> > proper, though, I'm not sure about. All we did there was buy 2 ounces
> > of a Yunnan black, which seemed unimpressive at the price they charged.

> Lew:
>
> Did you explore any tea room or shop around Duopont cycle area? I
> heard some of them are best tea rooms around D.C. include Four season
> hotel's high tea in George Town.
>
> Ripon
> (From Bangladesh)

Actually, they don't have a high tea, even if they call it that. They have
a formal afternoon tea. It's rare to find high tea in the US (high tea
being an informal supper that is heartier than afternoon tea) except in
areas filled with British ex-pats. Many sites insistently and erroneously
say that high tea is the fancier type- they are wrong.