Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cooking pasta with salt and water

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 22:00:01 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> It was a book about dehydration.

>>> Some kids grow up eating organic, but saltless food. That's not healthy.
>>> That's unhealthy.

>>Agreed.

> Agreed to what? There is no such thing as saltless food... all food
> contains some salt... and unless you're drinking distilled water
> you're ingesting salt from your tap water, and most all beverges... I
> don't think vodka contains salt but I could be wrong... I was always
> under the impression that the water portion of booze is distilled
> water... anyone know?
>
> Hmm, no sodium but does contain some trace nutrients... vodka is good
> for me! LOL
> http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...0-proof-i14051

I know of some raw foodists who drink only distilled water. They eat only
certain fruits and vegetables because they believe the others to be
unhealthy. So for them, they certainly could be ingesting too little
sodium. But hardly a common occurrence, I know.