Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Cooking pasta with salt and water

HumBug! > wrote:
-snip-

>Salt HAS NO FLAVOR, it simply enhances whatever flavor it touches.

That's just silly. Salt has no flavor? I'll bet blindfolded I can
tell the difference between Kosher, Himalayan and Black salts [I
might try a few sips in water so I know it isn't the mouth feel that
stimulates different tastebuds] - and I'm far from a conniseur.

But even if I can't--- are you saying that a glass of distilled water
will taste the same after I put salt in it?

I agree that it enhances other flavors-- but it certainly has a flavor
of its own.

Jim