Michael Plant

Default Old Trees and Monkeys (was:Fukamushi-Cha)

Space link.net10/28/03

> I'll give you that for trees in the wild just because it is simply an
> evergreen. Here in the US our old world forrests are thousands of years
> old. I mentioned cultivated tea bushes on plantations and their usefull
> life. The locals might harvest an old tea tree but I don't think there is
> enough for commercial use. It is more probable these trees are picked by
> monkeys.
>
> Jim

Roy Fong on the Imperial Tea Court Oolong web page shows an "old bush
oolong," which he claims has the most "pronounced honey-peachiness we have
ever tasted," among other glowing comments. I'd be curious as to just how
old these ten trees are. Web page URL:

<http://www.imperialtea.com/AB1002000...roduct_ID=591&
Category_ID=14>

Be it as it may, I have an ounce of it here and will give it a shot before
long.

Picked by monkeys beyond a shadow of a doubt. We do after all train them to
assist people who can't leave chair or bed. They can retrieve any number of
things by name. You could use dogs I suppose, but they'd look so stupid
climbing the trees.

Michael