Space Cowboy

Default Fukamushi-Cha

I'll give you that for trees in the wild just because it is simply an
evergreen. Here in the US our old world forrests are thousands of years
old. I mentioned cultivated tea bushes on plantations and their usefull
life. The locals might harvest an old tea tree but I don't think there is
enough for commercial use. It is more probable these trees are picked by
monkeys.

Jim

"Livio Zanini" > wrote in message
> Well, I have personally seen tea trees some three meters high and about

800
> years old (planted in the Song dynasty, people say) on Fenghuang (Phoenix)
> mountain, near to Chaozhou. As soon as I can scan the slide, I will

provide
> you with a picture.
>

> "Space Cowboy" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> k.net...
> > I think that is a Chinese pull-your-leg folklore for gullible

Occidentals
> > because from a little research the life of a plantation tea plant is

about
> > 65 years. Established plantations are maintained from graphing so how

old
> > is a clone?
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > "Lewis Perin" > wrote in message