Ma-Ma LaGrande Chung

Default Yixing pot, or not?

"Dr. Gee" > wrote in message

> I enjoy the post.
> but don't Yixing pots means they are made in Yixing, yes? therefore pots

made
> in Taiwan are not Yixing pots. (I have a Taiwanese clay pot made by a

young
> artist that I use only for oolong. it's very nice.)

Sorry I was unclear. I merely meant to reiterate my point: Knowing whether
a teapot has been manufactured (or hand-made) in Yixing gives you no
information regarding its quality, value, or functionality. A "Yixing
teapot" might be outstanding, average, or just plain junk -- same as a
"Detroit auto." I mentioned that some of the (gongfu-style) unglazed clay
teapots from Taiwan are especially nice only as a supporting aside. So yes,
"Yixing teapots" are definitely made in Yixing, which of course is why
they're called "Yixing teapots." <g>

Ma-Ma