Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Expired "Fiber One" bars ( Aug 21, 2010) and "Odwalla" original Super protein bars (Dec 25, 2010)

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 18:36:59 -0500, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On 1/23/2011 5:46 PM, Charlotte L. Blackmer wrote:
>> At my food bank, broken packages and various types of expired food go into
>> a special dumpster that a farmer picks up for his livestock.

>That's much better than tossing it. Is that something that is widely
>known? If so, it might encourage people to "donate" thereby causing
>more work for the volunteers rather than finding another thing to do
>with expired food. Just a thought...

I seriously doubt that fairy tale is true. Farmers are extremely picky
about the food their live stock eats. Contrary to what most city
folks believe live stock are not garbage cans. Farmers do not feed
their animals a lot of crap, many foods can make livestock sick, even
kill them. Charlotte is a ****ing LIAR and one very sick ****.