Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Expired "Fiber One" bars ( Aug 21, 2010) and "Odwalla" original Super protein bars (Dec 25, 2010)

In article >,
Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 18:21:23 -0500, "dejablues"
> > wrote:

> >From my experience in a few years of working with the Boy Scouts annual food
> >drive, you'd be amazed at the amount of expired food that gets donated. It
> >all gets tossed. What a waste of food, labor, and time.

> What I'm amazed at is how ignorant they are to toss perfectly good
> food that folks would be happy to receive. Best-used-by dates mean
> exactly that, doesn't mean expired/unfit to eat.

I agree, Sheldon, but Somebody's Rules is Somebody's Rules. I wouldn't
be the least bit surprised if Somebody Ruled out food with a past expiry
out of fear of a possible lawsuit.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella